Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The River

I used live in Florida, and I purchased a copy of this book at a church event where the author was. It was a stunning event! The story turns around a man who recounts his childhood years; his dad guided tours down rapids on the Colorado River. When the main character was 5, yeah, you know what happened to his dad!! And Gab never forgave the river or his dad..not until now. It is a surprising read, considering this is the first book by this writer BUT he has lots of experience with song writing. It is basically the story of one mans childhood life that centered around the river that claimed someone very precious to him(spoiler alert) and how he comes to terms with forgiveness. It is the story of how he dealt with the pain and fear of the river. If you enjoyed The Shack; you have to read this book...its a great read for all you fiction buffs out there!! I do not care for fiction, but having already read this book I thought I would give the author a hand and tell everyone what I thought about it. It is a trying emotional telling. If you enjoy drama you will enjoy this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment