Sunday, August 18, 2013

NIV Worship Together Bible By Thomas Nelson Publishers

 

Heres what the publisher says:

Worshiping God is one of the believer’s highest callings. Music and song have been a timeless way to glorify God throughout history. Scripture itself is full of musical and poetic praises dedicated to the Lord. Using a unique combination of songs and reflections, the NIV Worship Together Bible blends modern-day worship and culture with the beloved Word of God. This Bible helps you embrace God as your loving Father and shows you how to exalt him through song and reflection. The musical inspiration in this Bible will remind you of the importance of constantly striving to be Christlike. As Pastor Jack Hayford, the author of the song “Majesty,” once put it: “Worship changes the worshiper into the image of the One worshiped.”
Features:
The complete text of the world’s most popular modern-English Bible, the NIV
  • Lyrics to the top 50 worship songs
  • Song notes and reflections from the songwriters
  • Simple chord charts for the Top 20 worship songs
  • Essay that explores the purpose and history of worship music
  • Foreword by Matt Maher
  • Index to organize songs by scriptural reference
As for me, I think it is the perfect Bible for any worshiper who loves music. It also might be the perfect Bible for anyone who does not worship but who loves music.
I enjoy the songs and history behind the songs.
I sat down with hte Bible while it was raining and lit up a few sea salt candles and fluffed the old feather pillows and I sure njoyed reading Exodus. Something about a man with the guts to stand up to the king of all Egypt, and say to him, God says for you to....
Doesnt really matter what God wanted from the Pharoah; matters that Moses had the courage to tell the king what god instructed Moses to tell him. Maybe Moses thought people would think him crazy; who knows?
But Moses did what god told him to do.
It got me thinking, do I have that kind of courage?
I felt really comfortable with this Bible. Like it was made for me. I love music. I love God. It is a natural fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment