Saturday, August 31, 2013

Stranded by Dani Pettrey


Spoiler alert!!
There is no way to do a review of this book without a spoiler! I will try my best to keep it to a minimum!!
I have not read the first two book and this book is third in a series. I believe from the end of the book it is the final installment as it wraps up all the loose ends.
The author has only published these 3 books so far, but she is a very gifted writer and the genre is fiction, Christian mystery/suspense. i normally do not care for fiction but have never read from this genre so I thought I would have a go of it. The author is also a home schooling mother of two children.
I enjoyed the way her character set has a coming to Jesus approach. The story takes place in Alaska and opens with her friend beibng taken hostage. THe book has a happy ending and a sex slavery ring is broken. Basically the travel agency was screening women to abduct them and it was a Russian tie-in.
I did not care for the topic. But the writer did a good job. She closed all the doors and left nothing dangling and best of all; she had all characters give credit to God. I love to see that happen, I think we all do.
It is a thick book but the print is large and I read it in a day. The main character of course falls in love and it comes to fruition in the final passages of the book.
The writer does a great job. If you enjoy romance and suspense or mystery, you are in for a real treat with this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment